Skip to main content

Silver

"Love seems the swiftest, but it is the slowest of all growths. No man or woman really knows what perfect love is until they have been married a quarter of a century." Mark Twain

Today is my silver wedding anniversary, 25 years ago today I said "I do". To look at the pictures of my husband and I on our wedding day we look like we belong in junior high, we were in fact 18 and 19 years old. Most would have honestly said that we did not stand a chance, we had much going against us, but we persevered, and there were also equal amounts of stubbornness on both our parts. I've thought about how different my thinking is now from what it was back in 1982; for one thing no longer do I focus on the "what can my husband do for me to make me happy", I'm more focused on how grateful I am for him, and I know that he feels the same way. As many trials and heartaches that we have both been through, we are so grateful for each other, we feel so blessed. I remember a quote that I have retained in my memory for many years, "The roots grow deep, when the winds are strong."

Comments

Robert & Debbie said…
Congratulations on your 25 years of marriage!!! It is truly a blessing to hear of a lasting marriage in an age such as ours. May the Lord continue to bless the both of you richly in the years to come.