Skip to main content

Finding Hidden Treasure


I love blue jay's, they are notorious as being loud and aggressive, especially when they have young in a nest nearby, they will swoop down on cats that encroach to closely, but I love them most because they are fearless.
During the time that we were awaiting Mother's death, in my parent's home, I found a box, in the back of a closet, that was filled with many hand written pages that Mother had written, it seems she also had an affection for poems and quotes.
I have already posted about Mother's death on my other blog @http://missdaisyanne.blogspot.com
"To Solitude"
"A mother needs a quite time
To renovate her soul;
A quite time to meditate,
To strengthen self control;
A quite time for soothing nerves and vanquishing her wrath;
But most of all a quite time
In which to take a bath."
Author Unknown
"Sow a thought, and you reap an act;
Sow an act, and you reap a habit;
Sow a habit, and you reap a character;
Sow a character and you reap a destiny."
Charles Reade

Comments

Sherry said…
I'm always sorry to hear about someone losing her mother. It is about as hard as it can get, and you deserve a hug and some warm thoughts. I doesn't matter that she is really sick, and maybe ready to move on, because she'll leave a huge hole in your life. I wish you strength.