Skip to main content

Passion

"The Passion of Jesus Christ" by John Piper
I used this book as part of my daily devotional time. The chapters are 50 in all, so I read 1 chapter per day. Each chapter is 2 pages in length. "The author writes that the most important questions a person can ask is: Why was Jesus Christ crucified? Why did He suffer so much? What has this to do with me? Who sent Him to His death?" The 50 reasons to these questions are given 1 at a time in the 50 chapters. A better word than reason would be purposes, 50 purposes of why God sent His Son to die. Some examples of the chapters, or reasons are; "To Absorb the Wrath of God", "To Show the Wealth of God's Love and Grace for Sinners", "To become a Ransom for Many", "To Free Us from the Futility of Sin". This book was extra special in that I finished the book shortly before Easter, I did not plan this, but I know God did.
You cannot sit on the fence with God about His Son Jesus, and His death on the cross, either you believe, or you do not believe, there is no maybe.
The author John Piper has a great website http://www.desiringGod.org

Comments