Skip to main content

Plowing Onward

I have completed reading two books, and have started reading two others. The two books I've finished are: "Jesus-An Intimate Portrait of the Man, His Land, and His People" by Leith Anderson and "Heaven Without Her" by Kitty Foth-Regner. The two books I've started reading are: "Knowing God" by J I Packer and "Jude the Obscure" by Thomas Hardy.
I have had a steady stream of interruptions over the past few weeks, some pleasant and some not pleasant, too many interruptions has led to my discouragement. I read yesterday in my devotional book "Streams in the Desert" a wonderful quote about discouragement.
"Pay as little attention to discouragement as possible. Plow ahead like a steamship, which moves forward whether facing rough or smooth seas, and in rain or shine. Remember, the goal is simply to carry the cargo and to make it to port." Malthie D. Babcock
This quote was exactly the medicine the doctor ordered for me, a quote to pick me up, to get me out of my pity party. Plowing onward to the next post to read about the two new books.

Comments