Skip to main content

From Scotland With Love



I have a great fondness for Scotland. I traveled to Glasgow and Edinburgh in 1999; then in 2001 I traveled back to Edinburgh, and also Stirling, Stranraer, and Oban. If I ever have another chance to travel back to Scotland I want to travel to the northern most area of Scotland.
Scotland is a country that is rich in history, ancient history, the first group of settlers that built villages was 6,000 years ago. As an American when I travel to Europe I am reminded of what a young country America is.
Liz Curtis Higgs a wonderful Christian fiction writer has a newsletter that she emails to any of her fellow readers that request it, in her new letters are wonderful pictures of her travels there, interesting stories that she shares, and of course updates on her new novel she is currently writing. www.lizcurtishiggs.com


Anytime I am in a book store and see a book on Scotland I am always enticed to take a second look, I am pleased to say that a book that I recently read about four generations of women with Scottish ancestry was very entertaining. The name of the book is "Highland Legacy" the book has four authors: Tracey V. Bateman, Pamela Griffin, Tamela Hancock Murray, and Jill Stengl. Each author writes their own story on one of the women, the present day story of Audrey is divided and placed in between the other three stories. My favorite story was of the independent, strong-willed, persevering, feisty, Fiona. Fiona appeals to my alter ego. Her character has a bite to it. Fiona is paired with an equally strong-willed English man, Dr. Alexander Spencer, he is a man of fortitude. Fiona has met her match in this English man that she had been taught to despise. Each romantic short story is endearing and gives the reader a little peak into Scottish history. Each generation of women come to a greater understanding of God's love and that He is at work in their lives.

Comments

Lina said…
Oh my goodness! I've found a blog twin! But you have been at it longer than me...and I promise, I didn't know I'd stolen (borrowed?) your blog title and accompanying verse! This, to me, is a God-intervention. I am a new blogger and you are the first brave soul to post a response to my blog! Yes. Friends! Blessings ~ Lina
Lina said…
Oh my goodness! I've found a blog twin! But you have been at it longer than me...and I promise, I didn't know I'd stolen (borrowed?) your blog title and accompanying verse! This, to me, is a God-intervention. I am a new blogger and you are the first brave soul to post a response to my blog! Yes. Friends! Blessings ~ Lina