Skip to main content

Are You Training?


"So we do not lose heart. Though our outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day. For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison, as we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen. For the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal. "
2 Corinthians 4: 16-18 ESV
Do you trust God more than your feelings?
Are you still pondering that question?
It is so easy for us to be swallowed up in a fear that seems to be as big as Jonah's whale. How do we stay on task, meaning how do we focus on the author and perfecter of our faith?
By focusing on Jesus in the everyday day to day life that we live, don't wait to focus on Him just when life gets tough! Soldiers are not just all of a sudden ready for the battlefield, they train, and they train, and they train, then when it is time for combat, they are ready.
Are you training?
"Your Word I have hidden in my heart, That I might not sin against You." Psalm 119:11 NKJV
"If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him." James 1: 5 NKJV
"For my determined purpose is that I may know Him that I may progressively become more deeply and intimately acquainted with Him, perceiving and recognizing and understanding the wonders of His Person more strongly and more clearly, and that I may in that same way come to know the power outflowing from His Resurrection which it exerts over believers, and that I may so share His sufferings as to be continually transformed in spirit into His likeness even to His death, in the hope." Philippians 3: 10 Amplified

Comments

Rita Gerlach said…
Thank you, Miss Daisy Anne. I needed to read this today.
A Gracious Home said…
That I may know Him is a great goal. My prayers are with you. Doylene