Skip to main content

On Hold

I have had to put my weight lifting on hold for hopefully only a few weeks. I have been diagnosed with disc degeneration with bone spurs in my neck, and upper back, it appears I've had this problem for many years and did not know it. I am seeing a chiropractor, and under restriction about no heavy lifting, no heavy house cleaning, etc. I can walk, stand, sit, and light house keeping. Heavy sigh!
I am an independent kind of gal, when I want to do something I usually do it, but I am having to be more judicious in what I do until my back is better. I believe I can learn a lesson in this, God has showed me once again he is in charge, and that I am not. He is also telling me to cool it, take it easy, it is unnecessary to push myself so all of the time.
"And He said to his disciples, Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat, nor about your body, what you will put on. For life is more than food, and the body more than clothing. Consider the ravens: they neither sow nor reap, they have neither storehouse nor barn, and yet God feeds them. Of how much more value are you than the birds! And which of you by being anxious can add a single hour to his span of life? If then you are not able to do as small a thing as that, why are you anxious about the rest?"
Luke 12: 22-26 ESV
Why indeed?

Comments

~Mrs Sandy~ said…
Take care of yourself. I hope the chiro helps you. They helped me with migraines. Best wishes & hugs,
Sandy