Skip to main content

Fragrance of Life





"Fragrance of Life" is a new weekly post that I will be writing on, it is going to be inspirational writing, and will be what the LORD prompts me to write. The title "Fragrance of Life" is taken from 2 Corinthians 2:14-16 ESV,

"But thanks be to God, who in Christ always leads us in triumphal procession, and through us spreads the fragrance of the knowledge of Him everywhere. For we are the aroma of Christ to God among those who are being saved and among those who are perishing, to one a fragrance from death to death, to the other a fragrance from life to life. Who is sufficient for these things?"


I've had one of those day's, where I've tripped over my own feet, cannot speak a sentence with out stammering, and yet worse, I've had people remind me and point out to me my inept and disgraceful self. I thought about my inability to walk today and I was reminded of a Bible verse in Proverbs.

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight." Proverbs 3:5-6 NIV

"Trusting in the LORD with all of our heart" is not a part-time "I'll give it my best shot." The word "trust" in Hebrew is batah, meaning to trust, rely on, put confidence in, to be confident of, to believe, to feel secure. We are to whole-hearted and fully trust in the LORD all of the time, not just when by all appearances things look like they are going to "work out." Depending on ourselves is not the answer, we are finite and fallible, it is God alone that we are to put all of our trust in, and acknowledge as LORD in our life, and "He will make our paths straight." Those straight paths are directed and guided by the all knowing God that has immeasurable love for us.

My real problem today was not a physical problem in preventing me from walking correctly or speaking with clarity, my real problem was in not relying on God for a worry in my life, and I was preoccupied with that worry. I choose preoccupation with Christ Jesus!

Comments

A Gracious Home said…
A good post. Like Abraham, we need to believe in what the Lord says. He tells us in His Word we can trust Him in all that we do. That is good enough for me. We are walking on God's highway. When He calls us we'll fly away. That means not even death can separate us from God's love. I like your new look on your blog. Doylene