Skip to main content

Question Of The Week #6

Have you read any Christian classics? Which would you recommend and why? If you haven't read any, why not? Are they too intimidating? Not enough time? Are any on your TBR pile?
Yes, I have read several Christian classic books, to name a few: "Pilgrim's Progress" by John Bunyan, "Knowing God" by J I Packer, "The Greatest Thing in the World" by Henry Drummond, "Foxe's Book of Martyrs" by John Foxe, "Humility" and "With Christ in the School of Prayer" both by Andrew Murray, "The Practice of the Presence of God" by Brother Lawrence, and also other books written by Peter Marshall and Catherine Marshall, Oswald Chambers, C S Lewis,
D L Moody, A W Tozer, R A Torrey, E M Bounds, Charles Allen, and Billy Graham. Yes, I have other classic Christian books that are in my TBR pile.
I have been blessed by having many classic Christian books on the shelves in my dad's study. He started collecting these treasures in the early 1950's, they are all in mint condition. On my mom and dad's first date he gave her a book to read, "God's Psychiatry" by Charles Allen, my mother told dad later she stayed up all night reading that book. If you have not read that book I recommend it, available from Amazon.

Comments

A Gracious Home said…
I love the classics. I'm glad that they are being republished. I have read most of A W Tozer books. I like the Puritan Paperbacks. John Owen, Martin Luther and Smith Wigglesworth. I think we can enjoy these classics even if we don't agree with their theology. Doylene