Skip to main content

Question Of The Week #8

Question Of The Week #8, Operation Read Bible http://operationreadbible.blogspot.com
Do you participate in Lent? Do you give up anything for Lent? If so what? Why? What do you hope to gain from Lent this year? I don't know if 'gain' is the right word...what I'm asking is what are your goals this year, what are you hoping to accomplish or learn? Do you think Lent is important? or not so much?
"Lent is the 40 day long liturgical season of fasting and prayer, representing the 40 days that Jesus spent in the desert where He endured temptation." Wikipedia.
No, I do not practice Lent, nor have I ever, nor have I ever given it any thought other than knowing what it is.
It would be rather daft of me to leave this post as not really having said anything.

One of the questions above is: What are your goals this year, what are you hoping to accomplish or learn? I will elaborate on this question, but it will not have anything to do with Lent.
I am a goal oriented person, a list maker, a note taker. I hope that this year I will continue to evolve and advance in my blogs and reviews books, and in expressing myself through writing. I hope that I will be an inspiration and a blessing to my readers. I hope to accomplish all of the reading challenges that I have committed to. I hope to loose 22 more pounds (I've lost 7 pounds.) I hope to continue my walking and that I will continue to enjoy it. I hope that the Anne Graham Lotz revival that I am involved in that will be in September, will be a well spring of hope and answered prayer for central Texas, and that many will come to know Jesus as their Savior.
I hope to have a vacation, I have not had one in nearly 10 years, I would be happy for one quite night in a nice hotel and to be able to sleep late.

Comments