Skip to main content

A. W. Tozer

"The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst For the Divine" by A. W. Tozer
I find it interesting that this book was written on a train trip from Chicago to McAllen, Texas.
A. W. Tozer finished the rough draft just as his train was pulling into the train station.
This book has 10 chapters, 121 pages, I read a chapter a day. Each chapter, each paragraph has deep thought and insight for the reader to ponder. This book is considered a classic in Christian literature. During that train trip the Holy Spirit used A. W. Tozer as a tool to reach countless people that have read this book, in order to deepen the roots of their faith.

"Faith is not in itself a meritorious; the merit is in the One toward whom it is directed. Faith is a redirecting of our sight, a getting out of the focus of our own vision and getting God into Focus."

"The Word of God is quick and powerful. In the beginning He spoke to nothing, and it became something. Chaos heard it and it became order; darkness heard it and became light."

Comments

A Gracious Home said…
I love all of Tozer's books. I think everyone should read them. I even reread them. You wrote a very good review. Doylene
Lanny said…
Two of my close friends, myself and our husbands have been tromping through Tozer books for the last year or so. I sometimes have to remind myself that, when he is scathing toward the fix the "modern" church is in, most of his stuff was written in the forties.