Skip to main content

Fragrance of Life

"But thanks be to God, who in Christ always leads us in triumphal procession, and through us spreads the fragrance of the knowledge of Him everywhere. For we are the aroma of Christ to God among those who are being saved and among those who are perishing, to one a fragrance from death to death to the other a fragrance from life to life. Who is sufficient for these things?" 2 Corinthians 2:14-16 ESV

How seriously do you take the words that you publish on your blog?
Do you pray before you click the publish post button?
It is easy to take up a platform of speech on our own little piece of blogosphere. We can become enamored from the pride of being published and that people are actually reading what we have to write. This is toxic thinking.
Our focus as a Christian is to glorify Jesus Christ, not ourselves. We have a great tool at our finger tips, we have the ability to proclaim the Good News of Jesus Christ, we can share what Christ has done in our lives, and we can share with a hurting, sad, and lonely world, what Jesus can radically do in a persons life, if they will believe in Him.
We can give away all of the books that we can afford in contests, we can post great reviews of books, we can be chatty and cute, we can have colorful and enticing pictures, we can have group chats on questions; but keep the course, keep the focal point on "the author and perfecter of our faith," Jesus.

Comments

Garnetrose said…
I pray before I put anything in a blog. I want to be totally honest in what I put down and I do not want people to take things the wrong way. I hope whatever message I am trying to convey comes across in a positive way.
Garnetrose said…
I wanted to say I am seeking christian blogs where I can learn a little more each day about my walk with God. I am not perfect. I have many flaws and I need God's help in dealing with many of life's problems.
I have one right now that I am going thru with my eldest and I just had to lay it at the foot of the cross yesterday before I could find peace today.
MissDaisyAnne said…
Thank you for visiting my blog, and esp. for leaving comments.
We hold our children so close to our heart, I love my son's so much, but I remind myself that Jesus loves them more. And yes, leave the burden at the foot of the cross.