Skip to main content

Fragrance of Life

"How sweet Your Word is to my taste-sweeter than honey to my mouth." Psalm 119:103
"Your Word is a lamp for my feet and a light on my path." Psalm 119:105
"I have treasured Your Word in my Heart so that I may not sin against You." Psalm 119:11
All Scripture from CSB

Do you have a hunger and thirst for God's Word?
Is your Bible on a book shelf, or amongst your "other things" laying on your dresser? Maybe you keep your Bible in your car, ready and convenient for next Sunday. Maybe your Bible is in your closet, way up on the top shelf, behind all of the keep sake treasures you have collected in your life. Maybe you think often about reading the Bible but don't quit get around to doing it, after all you are really busy, you have good intentions.
Stop looking at Bible reading as a chore, or another thing to cross off your list of "to do things."
How are we going to know God, know what He is like, and what He wants to tell us, if we are not reading the Bible? How will we grow in respect to our salvation if we are not reading His Word, breathing in His Word, chewing on it, digesting it.
I want His Word deep into my bone, in my marrow and in my blood stream, I want to be immersed in it. His "Word is sweeter than honey to my mouth," and I cannot wait to meet Him every morning at our little spot on the couch, near the window, and we talk just He and I, I listen as He reveals to me all of His treasured Words.

Comments