Skip to main content

Question Of The Week #16

http://operationreadbible.blogspot.com/
"Do you participate in reading challenges? Why or why not? Would you be interested in participating in more reading challenges? Perhaps Christian related reading challenges. Perhaps Bible related reading challenges. I've been contemplating having mini-challenges-nothing certain, nothing planned out yet. And I was curious if they'd be any interest. If there's not that's fine. Do you have any ideas of what you'd want to see in a mini reading challenge?"
In 2009 I signed up for several reading challenges, but after reality settled in I've had to scale back to only a few.
The reading challenges that I am currently signed up for are:
1. War Through The Generations Challenge World War II---I have completed this challenge by reading 8 books.
2. Support Your Local Library Reading Challenge---I am currently still reading for this challenge, I've read 11 so far, with 5 more to be finished soon, my goal is 50.
3. Operation Read Bible Challenge---I am working my way through the New Testament, I've also read the book of Esther in the Old Testament. When I finish the New Testament, I will start reading some of the Old Testament books-undecided yet what they'll be.
4. 100+ Reading Challenge
5. Victorian Challenge---I've not started this one yet, but have not given up.
6. John Steinbeck Mini Challenge---I am currently reading "Grapes of Wrath."
7. My own reading challenge I just created recently---The Great Depression Reading Challenge---I have 5 books I am reading for this challenge, and maybe more later.
I have enjoyed participating in the challenges, they have disciplined me to stay on course and to read what others are reading in the same challenge. I have met other blogging reader's eager to share what they've read.
I may be more interested later this year in participating in more reading challenges, but I must finish the goals set for the ones I am in now.

Comments