Skip to main content

Question Of The Week #22

Question Of The Week #22 http://operationreadbible.blogspot.com

"What are you thankful for this week? Have you taken time to count your blessings lately?"
No, I have not taken the time to count my blessings lately, in fact I am in a fowl mood today.
There, I said it. But, as yet I don't feel better. Maybe I should go sit in the corner and cry,
maybe that would make me feel better.
I am feeling overwhelmed with the pressure of my job as caregiver of my dad, my inability to take a break. I seem to have too many people surrounding me that have problems that they need my help with. I have grandchildren that I cannot spend as much time with as I'd like, and they live in the same town as I do. There is squabbling and tempers flaring amongst my own sisters and brothers, it is the same "song and dance, a different stanza." My dad has an infection on his chin. I miss my husband. I need a hug. At that last small sentence, my tears flow. And another thing, Satan got on my last nerve a long time ago!
What am I thankful for? That my faith is not in my circumstances, or the hope that things may or may not be differently tomorrow when the sun rises again. My faith is in Jesus Christ, He is where all of my faith and hope rests.

"Earth has no sorrow that heaven does not feel." Thomas Moore

Comments