Skip to main content

"Question Of The Week #31"

"Question Of The Week #31" From Becky @ Operation Actually Read Bible

Becky contacted me shortly after I'd announced that I did not know when we would have more "Question Of The Week" posts. She was able to post a number 31.

"Do you have a favorite bible study book for children? If you're a parent or grandparent, what books would you recommend for Christian families to have in their home libraries? Is there a particular author or a particular series that stands out as excellent? Or in case you're not around any little ones, which books do you remember-if any from your own childhood days? Or what things do you look for in a 'good' Christian book for children?"

I will have to go with the next to the last question in this number 31 question.

From my childhood the book that I remember the most (which I wish I still had) was:

"The Golden Children's Bible: The Old and The New Testament" edited by J. Grispino,
Random House Children's books.
The cover I have shone is close to the one that I remember, this new cover has been added in the most recent publishing of the book dated 2006.
The pictures are still embedded in my memory of the stories in the book. When you cannot read as a small child, pictures tell the story for you.
My mother often read stories to me from the book, the stories are only a few pages long. These are good memories of me snuggled in my bed with my mother by my side reading to me.

Find the book @ http://www.randomhouse.com/catalog/display.pperl/9780307165206.html

Comments

Garnetrose said…
That book looks very much like the one I had as a child. I loved the stories and illustrations. You may want to try Bible Guess Who?: A Slide & See Book by Claudine Gevry and Allia Zobel Nolan.