Skip to main content

Hoots Up With Me!


The flu has made its rounds in my oldest sons family. My granddaughter Celeste first came down the flu, then passed it on to her brother Dawson, then my daughter in-law Christina, and my son David was sick over the weekend. I am hoping to not be the next recipient.

My husband and I are planning to leave for Colorado on the 16th and we will be gone for 1 week. We have not had a vacation in 8 years and it will be the second time in nearly 27 years of marriage that just us have taken a vacation together. This means no children, no parents, no other relatives, no pets, just Jeff and I.
As of today Thomas Nelson has picked me up as a book reviewer, in addition to them I also review books on my blog for David C. Cook and WaterBrook Multnomah. I consider it an honor to work for these wonderful publishing companies!

My dad is still seeing double vision in his right eye, but he feels like it is some better. The eye doctor had told us that by November this problem should be gone, that the eye would heal itself. It is called 6th Nerve Palsy and it is caused from diabetes. Dad has had a wonderful positive attitude about this annoying problem, as I've said before Daddy is a blessing!

I teach a Sunday morning Bible study for women. We are a diversified group of 22 women, ages mid 30's up to early 80's. Some of the women are retired, some own businesses, some have jobs outside the home, some are retired, one woman cares for her husband that cannot walk. We finished a study on the book of James and we are now using a new Bible study by Baker Books, "A Walk Thru The Life of Peter". This study is 6 sessions with an introduction. It is a survey of the life of Peter, from the Gospels through the letters that Peter wrote. I felt that this gave the group an introduction of Peter before I teach an in-depth study of 1 and 2 Peter. I do not have books for the studies of 1 and 2 Peter, I will be handing out an outline I create.

Tomorrow will be the last time for me to facilitate the new Bible study by Anne Graham Lotz "Pursuing More Of Jesus" by LifeWay Press. This was a 6 week study, we are a small group of 11 women. I have enjoyed this study, the answers are not given to us during the DVD sessions that we watch, instead we have to use our brain (and most of all the guidance of the Holy Spirit). The lessons focus on the Gospel of John chapters 10, 14, 15,16, and 17. In the past this group has studied the Beth Moore Bible studies which are wonderful! We chose to do something different for this fall semester. On October 13 we will start a new study under the guidance of a new facilitator, the study is "Me, Myself and Lies" by Jennifer Rothschild also by LifeWay Press.

I am currently reading Chris Fabry's book "June Bug", I recently read his previous book "Dogwood". Upon completion of reading "June Bug" I'll be posting my reviews of both of these great books.
I am also reading "Great Expectations" by Charles Dickens, "Praying God's Word" by Beth Moore, "Spiritual Warfare" by Jerry Rankin, and "The Ways Of God" by Henry T. Blackaby and Roy T. Edgemon.
I'm anxious to complete the above books because I have several more Christian fiction books to read on my own, then I have more I want to read. Francine Rivers' newest book "Lineage of Grace" is available and Tricia Goyer's newest book "The Swiss Courier" is available. I am hoping to take these newest releases with me on my vacation.

Becky at Operation Actually Read Bible and Becky's Book Reviews has invited me to be in a mini-challenge of reading a wisdom book from the Bible. She noticed that I am reading Psalms now. I have joined book challenges in the past, but not succeeded in finishing all of them. Becky is an encourager and I need that!

Blissful Reading!
Annette

Comments

lori said…
Hi Annette! It's nice to "meetcha!" Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the world...my respite. Those "little images" on my sidebar are just something I play with. I'm a visual gal and it brings the Word to life for me. If you ever have a verse you'd like done, let me know...Feel free to take one for your side..some are my photography and others are not...so I don't sell them...

It sounds like you are going to have a wonderful "getaway!" Enjoy this season of your life!:)

peace,
lori