Thursday, October 15, 2009

Review-"Learn To Study The Bible"


Review--"Learn To Study The Bible" by Andy Deane
Xulon Press, 247 pages, $13.99
http://www.learntostudythebible.com

Many people attend Church every Sunday yet do not have a daily Bible reading time. They depend on someone else such as a pastor or Bible Fellowship Teacher to read and explain the Bible to them. Many of those that do read the Bible on a daily basis zip quickly through the focal passages they are reading, with the goal of crossing it off their to do list.
I have made it a first thing in the morning, with my first cup of coffee and sitting in my favorite chair, for devotional time/Bible reading and prayer time. It is nearing 16 years that I've done this---I cannot face the day without this precious time with my Lord.
When I was asked if I would like to review this book, I wondered what new insights and challenges could I learn? Do not think that I mean I have nothing more to learn in studying God's Word...that will never happen. I have learned that the more I study and read God's Word the more I have yet to learn, and this is an amazing and awesome thing.
I am excited that the book "Learn To Study The Bible" was written by Andy Deane. I feel this is a book that should be read---not to sit on a shelf and gather dust--but be read and promptly put in to practice the ideas suggested in the book.
The author has put forth much research and prayer in to this book.
This book: challenges, teaches, guides, clarifies, and provokes the desire to read and study God's Word.
The book has short chapters and to the point information, a variety of recommended ways or plans are given to study the bible.
I have as yet not seen any other book that has such a wealth of information on studying God's Word, and I highly recommend this book, "Learn To Study The Bible" by Andy Deane.

This book was provided for review by the author Andy Deane.


Blissful Reading!
Annette





















3 comments:

A Gracious Home said...

I enjoyed your review of the book. I would like to know what denomination or church he is pastor of. That is important to me. I wouldn't buy a book without knowing some of the authors beliefs. I looked at several sites and couldn't find out. Thanks, Doylene

MissDaisyAnne---Annette said...

Hello Doylene,
He is associate pastor at Calvary Chapel Old Bridge in New Jersey.
http://www.andydeane.com/9-11-article.pdf
This article is from his experience during 9/11. Great article!
The church he is on staff with is
http://ccob.org
It appears to be a non denominational church but you can read their statement of belief's.

A Gracious Home said...

I'm sure they have all the basic beliefs. I read one of his interviews and it was very interesting. A lot of the Calvary Chapel churches are associated with Chuck Smith.I like him a lot. Thanks, Doylene