Skip to main content

Hoots Up With Me!























On this first day of December it has been a cold, dark, and dreary day. The rain started around noon and has not let up since then. The temperatures have stayed in the mid 40's, with the upper 30's tonight.
Another cold front will come through later in the week, with a slight chance of snow on Friday.

Christmas shopping is nearly finished, one last gift I am looking for, it is a decorative box (maybe at Hobby Lobby) for a Barbie doll box for my granddaughter.
Tonight I am hoping to start on Christmas cards, between daddy and I, we send out about 70 cards.
I do not have the Christmas tree up yet, nor the house decorated. I am waiting on my husband and younger son to come in next weekend, and climb up in the attic to retrieve the Christmas decor.

Daddy and I shopped today at Lifeway Christian Bookstore and of course spent $$ on more books.
I already had piles of books to read, but I just can't help myself.....I love books! The books I bought are: "A Lineage of Grace" by Francine Rivers, "Intervention" by Terri Blackstock, "Chosen" by Ted Dekker, "Captivating" by John and Stasi Eldredge, and a new devotional book " Volume 2, Daily Readings From The Life of Christ" by John MacArthur.

Are you watching or listening to the President speak tonight on television? What ever your opinions, or complaints, or political beliefs, we should be praying for the President and our nation----praying out of the overflow of the Holy Spirit that abides in us!

Do you keep a prayer journal? Do you have an organized prayer time? Do you pray before bedtime, or on the way to work? Maybe intermittently throughout the day?
I have a 3 ring binder with notebook paper in it. In this binder I have every member of my family and my husbands family written in it, including their birth dates and anniversaries. I also have most of my friends and their individual families written down. I pray for missionaries, our Church staff, neighbors, and our President and his staff.
I know you are thinking that all of this probably takes a long time and you do not have that kind of time,
I divide it up, family and friends I pray for everyday. I also pray for our President, and my Church staff everyday.
I pray on certain days for missionaries and neighbors.
Praying does not need to be lengthy, organized, detailed, or at a specific time of the day. Just do it!
Often when I am driving I pray for the strangers that are in the cars next to me....I get such a kick out of that!
I pray for the people that are in the check out line with me in the grocery store. I pray for the mail man, the UPS man, meter readers, and the lineman electricians that I pass by on the road.
I love to pray! And I love it that I am praying for people that will never know in this lifetime that I lifted them up in prayer on that day.

I am making a few changes on one of my blogs.
A Garden of Books will become children's and a juvenile fiction book blog. I have a 6 year old granddaughter and a 4 year old grandson---they both love books! Imagine that? My granddaughter has just started to read and I am so proud and excited. I want to take the opportunity to now collect/read and review books for my grand-babies. I also plan on giving their opinions and thoughts on the books. I am excited about this change, look for this new endeavor in January 2010.
I am in the process of creating a new blog Impressions in Ink. This blog will be for secular adult books, such as: biographies, reading challenges, classic literature, historical fiction, etc.
A Well-Watered Garden will continue unchanged from its present structure and theme, except for occasional changes in the layout or color.

I am thankful for all of my readers both those that are loyal followers and those that are occasional on-lookers!
My prayer is that you will have a Christ filled Christmas! And that you will take the time to read and ponder the "real" Christmas story. Every time you feel short of breath or anxious over the supposed necessities of the season, or the lack of funds for those gifts you feel obligated to buy; take a deep breathe and re-focus on what is the most important thing, that Christmas is about Jesus!
"He will be great, and will be called the Son of the Highest; and the Lord God will give Him the throne of His father David. And He will reign over the house of Jacob forever, and of His kingdom there will be no end." Luke 1:32-33 NKJV

Comments