Skip to main content

"In Christ Alone"

 Please see original post at Titus 2 at the Well, Ashley is the author of this post dated December 21. 


"I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through Him who gives me strength."
Philippians 4:11-13 NIV

Can I truly say that I am satisfied in Christ alone, every day, every hour, every situation? 
Sadly my answer is no.
Why? Because I feel sorry for myself sometimes. I dwell and simmer on what I don't  have. Particularly I think about the fact that I live here in this home with my dad, because I care for him--he cannot live alone, cannot drive, needs assistance, etc. I do not get to live with my husband, he lives and works in another city, and we see each other on holidays and on weekends. 
It does not help my demeanor when well meaning people tell me how sorry they are for our situation. I even get "the look" sometimes, which I intensely dislike. You know, that look, like they pity me. 
Jeff and I love each other so deeply, we bring comfort to each other, we make each other laugh, there is great intimacy between us. We also truly like each other, we are buddies. 
When we are together on the weekends there are fix it jobs waiting on him, grandchildren to see, shopping to be done, laundry to do, a son that needs help fixing something at his house. Poor hubby is running here and there during the day; and finally when it is bedtime, we shut the door firmly and lock it. 
How long will this season last? Meaning how long will we be needed to care for my dad and live apart? Only the Lord knows this answer. Our job is to continue to fulfill this responsibility until the Lord says our task is complete. He will let us know, when His will for us has been completed. 



Blissful Blogging!
Annettte

Comments