Skip to main content

"One Question Friday"

Wendy from All in a Day's Thought had 2 questions I will address.

December 11
What does Church smell like to you?
I have a keen sense of smell, can't hear to well, but can smell with proficiency!
But, maybe this question has a deeper meaning than smelling on a physical level.

The smell of Church is a comfortable and familiar smell to me. But, when something becomes comfortable and familiar it can become drab and colorless, and sense we are speaking in olfactory--it can become bland.

"If the whole body were an eye, where would the sense of hearing be? If the whole body were an ear, where would the sense of smell be? But in fact God has arranged the parts in the body, every one of them, just as he wanted them to be. If they were all one part, where would the body be? As it is, there are many parts, but one body."
1 Corinthians 12:17-20 NIV

Church has not become bland to me, but I don't know where my place is anymore. I'm a little lost. 
Without going into to much information I was teaching a Sunday morning Bible class for women. This is a class that has been together over 30 years. I had only taught this class a short time after the original teacher had died in 2006. My weekdays were full of reading, studying and preparing, and teaching on Sunday mornings. But because I made some changes in the class--I rearranged the tables differently and changed the style of praying (using a prayer journal and praying at the end of class.) The women were livid, they were hostile, many harsh ugly words were said to me. I forgave the women before I left the classroom, but I resigned. I am at peace about this decision, the Church staff has been supportive and gracious. 
Yet, I am wandering and even wondering, what now? 
I don't have an answer yet. The time is not right yet, God will let me know when the time is right for the next task. 



December 18
Morning Bird or Night Owl?
What an interesting question.
I am a night owl. For me mornings are for sleeping and then trying to wake up.
Night time is when I am at my best. Night makes the light bulb in my brain click on. I am more creative, relaxed, and settled at night.
My mother was a night owl, she sewed...sometimes until 1 or 2 in the morning.
I prefer to read, or write, or watch a Turner Classic movie.
Night is when dad is in the bed asleep and I can relax a little, I know he is safe in his bed. I also know he will not need me for anything.


Blissful Blogging!
Annette

Comments

Annette,
How cool to see the link. I had a bit of trouble finding you here, but I'm glad I'm here now. I appreciated reading your answers. People never cease to amaze me with wonder and interesting details.

Thanks for checking in at my blog again so I could find you.
~ Wendy