Skip to main content

Faith 'n' Fiction Saturday: What are Your New Year's Resolutions?


Faith 'n' Fiction is a question that is posted on Saturdays through My Friend Amy's Blog. I'm a little late this week Amy, forgive me.

"Today I thought it might be beneficial to talk about our New Year's resolutions. Do you have any New Year's resolutions? Do any of your resolutions pertain to your Spiritual disciplines or to your reading life?"

I am not a New Year's Resolution kind of gal. I am though a goal oriented gal. I have goals all during the year that I work on fulfilling. But, specifically the goals that I have this year that pertain to Spiritual discipline and reading life are as follows:

1. To stop trying to figure it all out, leave it to God.
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight." Proverbs 3:5-6 NIV
The part about "not leaning on your own understanding"----don't try to figure it all out.
But believe in and trust in Jesus, that some how and in some way He is going to work it all out.

2. To read all of the Bible this year before January 1, 2011.

3. To journal about what is God trying to teach me through His Word.

4. To read more children's and young adult literature--not only for my blog A Garden of Books, but also to enrich my development and knowledge as a reader.

5. Daddy and I started a Nursing Home Ministry yesterday. I made a phone call to our church and there is no group at our Church doing this, it is being left up to the Sunday Bible Fellowship Class teachers to go and visit their people that live in Nursing Homes. Daddy and I know that often this ministry is overlooked, people are uncomfortable with visiting a patient in a Nursing Home, it is depressing and can smell bad, etc.
It is also overlooked because people get busy with their own lives, and visiting a Nursing Home gets pushed off till another day and then another. 
Yesterday daddy and I visited with three people. One of them passed away late last night, end stage Alzheimer's.
"Then the King will say to those on his right, 'Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me."
Matthew 25:34-36 NIV

Blissful Blogging!
Annette

Comments