Skip to main content

Faith 'n' Fiction Saturday




Faith 'n' Fiction is a weekly Saturday post by My Friend Amy
Amy's questions look at how faith and fiction intersect.

"Finding good books for book club can be really difficult. Generally, you want a book that raises questions so that you have something to discuss. Christian fiction often provides discussion questions (even in romance novels!) but I'm not always sure the books themselves have that much to discuss. Today I thought it would be fun if we compiled a list of books that would make good book club books for Christian book clubs. Since this is faith and FICTION Saturday, I'm asking you to keep your answers to works of fiction. The books, however, do not need to be published by a Christian publishing house, but they should have some elements that would make them appealing to Christian book groups to discuss."

I am the book club group coordinator at my Church. The name of our book club group is "Soul Talk."
The book that we will be discussing in late February is "The Blood of Lambs" by Kalam Saleem--see the following link to read about the book--
http://www.amazon.com/Blood-Lambs-Former-Terrorists-Redemption/dp/1416577807
I have not read this book yet, but will soon--it comes highly recommended by several in our book group!

The books that I've read over the past year that I feel would make good books to discuss are:
"Demon" and "Havah" by Tosca Lee
"Lost Mission" by Athol Dickson
"The Shape of Mercy" by Susan Meissner
"Fireflies in December" by Jennifer Valent---this was our last book club choice and we had a long and great book discussion on this novel!

Blissful Reading!
Annette

Comments