Skip to main content

"One Question Friday"

"One Question Friday" is from the blog "All in a Day's Thought." Wendy is the author of this blog and each Friday she asks a question.

January 29, 2010~~~"What makes you tick?"
This question really means what motivates me?
The beginning of a new day motivates me. To see the sun at the beginning of each new day is a motivator. The expectancy of a fresh new day and the possibilities that can come. I am ready to face the day: look over my list of to do things, drink that first cup of coffee, check my email, read my daily devotionals, and have prayer time.
The love I have for my family motivates me to want to care and provide for them. I do not earn a paycheck any longer outside of the home, but I am needed to care for my dad. I am motivated to prepare my dad's meals and take him to Target for his walk. I am motivated to do the laundry, and clean the house, because I love my family.
I am motivated by the Bible verses that I read, they spur me onwards to be diligent in my words and my actions. I am motivated by Scripture to remain faithful, persevering, and loving. 

January 22, 2010~~~"Silence is golden, or say what you need to say?"
There is a time to speak and a time to remain silent. I believe silence is a response. Speech can cause friction, error, mis-judgment, hurt feelings, anger. When a person is long winded in their speech, the person listening has a tendency to stop listening--their mind wanders. I believe when something needs to be said, say it, get to the point, and move on.When my sons were young I tried hard to abide by that last sentence, express myself in as few words as possible getting to the point. Weighing our words before they are said is important, after thinking about what you want to say, it might be better to not say it all.
My answer to the above question is both: it depends on the situation, the emotional feelings you have at the time, who it is you wish to respond to, and what it is you have to say.
Weigh your words, they may not need to be said at all.

"A word aptly spoken is like apples of gold in settings of silver." Proverbs 25:11 NIV

"A man finds joy in giving an apt reply-
and how good is a timely word!" Proverbs 15:23 NIV


"Let the Word of Christ dwell in you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom, and as you sing psalms,hymns and spiritual songs with gratitude in your hearts to God. And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him." Colossians 3:16-17 NIV


Blissful Blogging!
Annette




Comments