Skip to main content

Getting to Know the Almighty God: Who is God to you?

 

A new Bible study is at Titus2AtTheWell by Jennifer Jernigan
We are encouraged to join them in a discussion and Bible study each Monday for the next ten weeks.
There is a down-loadable Bible study packet available at the site and a video to watch.
The question for week one is "Who is God to you?"

I will need to give you my testimony in order to answer this question.

Once upon a time--no this is not a fairy tale. But once upon a time I believed in God because it was what I had been taught, yet I never remember a time in my life when I did not know God. From the very beginning of my life I was taken to Sunday school and Church, Vacation Bible school, my parents both taught Sunday school, Jesus was talked about in our home, on Saturday nights daddy would ask each of us kids what our lesson Sunday morning was on and we better be prepared to give an answer.
When I was nine years old and during the invitational time at Vacation Bible school, I accepted Jesus as my Savior and invited Him in to my heart.
My life changed little being nine years old. As I grew in to my older teen years I rebelled, my selfishness and arrogance grew. Through some tough life experiences that I brought on myself, God used them to get hold of my attention. It was at this time that He began to became more personal and tangible in my life.
At about the age of thirty I had a crisis of faith, the ground where I had been standing was ripped up from beneath my feet. I could have blamed God, I could have fallen in to sin, instead I clung to God and this was when I began daily reading His Word. During this same time I joined Bible Study Fellowship, also taking part in many other Bible studies throughout my thirties and continuing on today.
During this crisis of faith I learned that the ground I had been standing on was not on whom it should have been on, it was in another person, my husband. God used this experience to teach me that He alone is my rock and that I must depend on Him. My sufficiency is in Jesus, not another human. Where humans fail, God does not.
During my thirties and forties I had many experiences: breast cancer and a double mastectomy, sending a child off to war, a mother with Alzheimer's, caring for aging parents, sitting beside my precious mother as she passed from this life to the next, becoming a grandparent, watching my body grow older, menopause, and many other experiences. In all of these moments God has taught me that He is enough, He is my rock, my closest companion, my teacher, my counselor, my confidant, my heavenly Abba Father, my Savior and redeemer, and He "is" the Great Love of my life--the lover of my soul, mind and heart.

Blissful Blogging!
Annette

Comments

Jenifer said…
Annette, thank you so much for sharing your story! I can relate with you on so many levels.

Isn't it so comforting to know that God is all you need!?! We have a tendency to put so much faith in people, forgetting that God is the only One who can meet ALL of our needs. In fact, He is the only one who truly even knows what our needs are. I praise Him that He is my true love!!!

I am thrilled that you will be joining us over the next several weeks as we come to know God in more real and intimate ways. I look forward to getting to know you more and seeing what God does in your life.

If you have any questions or comments, be sure to email them to me by Friday, Feb. 12th at jenifer@byhisgraceministry.com

May God bless you as you continue to seek after Him.

By His Grace,
Jen
Tea said…
What a strong and unforgettable testimony. Your last words will take me through many days and nights. "He is enough." Those three words are so powerful. Thanks for being a light sharer.
Mom of Many said…
Thank you for sharing your testimony! I look forward to getting to know you over the next few weeks as we grow in Christ together!