Skip to main content

God...Who Are You And What Can You Do For Me?

I am at least two weeks behind in answering the discussion questions for the week.

Session Six Questions:
Are you totally relying on God to provide for all your needs?
Is He sufficient enough for you or are you searching for more?

Do I rely on God for my every need? I fret and worry--sometimes--so the answer would be no. Because if I totally relied on God then I would "rest" in Him. At age 46 I am more "resting" in Him that I was at age 36 or even 26. What has happened in my life that has encouraged this growth has been much time in reading and studying the Scripture, prayer----and applying the Word in my life----this is called obedience.
Obedience is not a word that humans like, we think that children and dogs should be obedient, but when we become an adult we should have free choice to do what "we" think is best. As a Christian that kind of thinking just is not going to work----God is not going to allow that kind of thinking to work. If we are His child, then He is going to chisel that "self" away from what He wants us to become, His plan and will for our life.
So, in answer to this question He is at work and has continued to be at work in and through my life, praise God that He does not leave me as I was, but is actively at work in me!

Is God sufficient for me and am I looking for more?
No, He is all I need, as Peter said in John 6:68-69,
" Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life. We believe and know that you are the Holy One of God." NIV

Session Seven Questions:
Are there areas in your life right now where you have placed someone else above the Most High God?
Do you need to move out of the way so that the Most High God can reign in your life?

Do I have an area of my life that I place above the Most High God? On occasion, sometimes more that just an occasion....me. I get in the way. Me, myself, and I is down right full of, myself. It is only God's grace that saves me, because I am a wretched sinful person and there is nothing good in me. Enough about me.

Do I need to move out of the way so that the Most High God can reign and work in my life? You bet!
"Trust in the Lord will all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight."
I get in the way by trying to figure it all out; many, many times a day I hear this verse from Proverbs 3:5 in my mind. Annette (listen up) "Trust in the Lord----don't try to figure it all out!" No, the voice is not condescending....it is spurring me onwards to a deeper faith. Praise His Holy Name that He does not leave me where I am, but Spurs me onward to the person that He created and is actively at work in me to be.

Blissful Blogging!
Annette

This Bible study is available At the Well...In Pursuit of Titus 2

Comments

Jenifer said…
Hey Annette!!! So glad you were able to share your thoughts with us.

Aren't you so thankful that God chisel's away the yuckiness that is within us to make us into what He desires us to be!?!?! Oh, praise His name!!!

I have a tendency to get in God's way too. I shared with someone earlier that I cling to Proverbs 3:5 & 6 often. Reminding myself that God's ways are best for me and His plan is perfect!!!

I do hope and pray that you have had a wonderful week!!

Much love!!!
Jenifer