Skip to main content

Review-So Long, Insecurity Simulcast on April 24, 2010

Another blogger and I had posted a couple of "our thoughts" on the book So Long, Insecurity. Doylene  wanted to take the negative take on the book, I the positive. Doylene was unable to continue in her postings and decided not to finish the book. I on the other hand finished the book last night and attended a simulcast event last Saturday in my city to hear Beth Moore speak live on the subject of her book--Insecurity.
Beth Moore spoke at a church in Stockbridge, Georgia; but there were 869 churches in North America that were hosting groups of women...and some men, to hear Beth speak. An astounding 300,000 people were listening to Beth teach on Insecurity at the same time, this is awesome to me! Beth remarked that "God was certainly up to something!" Travis Cottrell was the guest singer and he lead all of us in singing several praise and worship songs; my favorite was Holy, Holy, Holy. Travis reminded us that we were not a sea of faceless souls, we are dearly loved by God. There are several points in an acronym that I want to share with my reader's that Beth made.

1. S aved from herself.
2. E ntitled to truth.
3. C lothed with intention.
4. U pended by grace.
5. R ebounded by love.
6. E xceptional in life.

Please be advised that the following are from the notes that I personally took and reflect not only what my ears heard, but what God wanted me to hear.
I will explain a little on each of these from the acronym:
1. Insecurity makes everything curve back on us. When we are filled with the Holy Spirit it goes up and out. Insecurity directs it back to us. Humility and security does co-exist. Insecurity is pride/self absorption. We must clothe ourself in strength and dignity.
2. Beth had us look at Ephesians 4: 17-22:
"So I tell you this, and insist on it in the Lord, that you must no longer live as the Gentiles do, in the futility of their thinking. They are darkened in their understanding and separated from the life of God because of the ignorance that is in them due to the hardening of their hearts. Having lost all sensitivity, they have given themselves over to sensuality so as to indulge in every kind of impurity, with a continual lust for more. You however, did not come to know Christ that way. Surely you heard of Him and were taught in Him in accordance with the truth that is in Jesus. You were taught, with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires; to be made new in the attitude of your minds; and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness." NIV
We are entitled to know the truth. In looking at verse 19, this verse is referring to addictions. In an addiction we do so much of it and it works for a time, but then it quits working so we do more, and we loose sensitivity and need more and more and more. Often we say that if we could just have a certain thing--material item--or if we were more like this--then we would be perfect. But, perfectionism is an art form of insecurity.
3. Put off the old self and put on the new self! See Proverbs 31:25
"She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come." NIV
Insecurity takes away our dignity. Christ Jesus is our security! We must let Him be our security!
We must make a decision in our minds to be secure, don't wait until we feel secure to be secure.
A question to ask ourselves in a moment or time of "feeling insecure". How would a mature woman respond to this?
Secure people don't spend time thinking about themselves all the time!!!
4. Grace takes up space in a secure woman. Grace others as Christ Jesus has graced you. How much more likely could we forgive if we were secure? Is your past truly in the past? Nothing can hold us in our insecurities like unforgiveness. Guilt will trap us. Believe you are forgiven and receive it.
2 Corinthians 5:17
"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!" NIV
Unforgivess is like a tapeworm eating us alive.
5. Ephesians 5:1-2
"Be imitators of God, therefore, as dearly loved children and live a life of love, just as Christ loved us and gave Himself  up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God." NIV
We are completely loved by God, it is an unwavering love. Live like the dearly loved child you are. Be imitators of God. How different would life be as the dearly loved child of God? Life is hard, if a heart does not heal, it then hardens. Allow God to tend your heart! Security is not in people, people are not our savior. You cannot out sin His forgiveness, but you must assimilate Him--His Truth in your life. Love others without needing them to meet our needs!! We are never more like our Father in heaven when we love.
1 Corinthians 13:1-9
"If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the fames, but have not love, I gain nothing. Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no recored of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away." NIV
6. We all have a need for significance. If we become a woman secure in every area, we will stick out and will be the exception. Let Christ over take us! Have people be able to see we are exceptional.
What will I do with what God has told me?

I felt this was an awesome event! My 28 year old daughter in-law and I sat beside each other in the packed church where we heard the simulcast of Beth speak. Beth punctuated often with tid-bits from her life, many laughs were shared. She taught being fully led by the Holy Spirit, she had notes but remarked that her week had not gone as planned, and when she worried that she'd not be prepared the Lord reminded her to trust in Him. Beth's security is in the Lord Jesus Christ!
I feel refreshed, awakened, renewed, empowered, invigorated; and having put off the old self of my insecurities, my prayer is that I will not hold myself back from what the Lord has prepared for me to do!
If you do not regularly read Christian non-fiction I want to encourage you to read the book So Long, Insecurity. My next post will be the review this book.

"She is clothed with strength and dignity: she can laugh at the days to come." Proverbs 31:25

Blissful Blogging!
Annette

Comments