Skip to main content

Wham!

What are you struggling with today?
A bad day at work? A child failing classes at school? A parent that is in poor health and needs you to care for them? Over due bills? A bad report at a doctor's appointment? Possible layoff's at work? A family member with an addiction? Or maybe you are just tired?
It seems to never end does it? Just when you think that life seems to be going along okay, wham! Another problem creeps up and some of those problems are more mountain in size than a mole hill.
I could not begin to tell you how many times I've suffered in silence (only to respond irritably to someone), paced the floor, spent sleepless nights tossing and turning, or regurgitated the acid that has flared up in my rumbling stomach.
Why? Because life is difficult and it is hard.
Our first gut reaction and because we are human we respond in a physical way, something we ourselves can do to fix the problem! We want to immediately put out the fire and make everything peaceful again.
But what if we can't fix it? What if the problem is so big that we feel we may be swallowed by it and eaten?
We react by doing what we should have done in the beginning.... get on our knee's and pray.
Tell Jesus we can't handle this, it is to much, tell Him we have to have His help, His grace.
On the day my son David left for his last deployment to Iraq the weather was icy cold, one of those rare Texas winter day's that is windy, sleeting, miserably cold. It had only been about 6 weeks since I'd had both breasts removed because I had had cancer. My grandson, David's son, was only 5 days old. The day was my mother's birthday, my mother that was in a nursing home with end stage Alzheimer's. When the time came for David to load up on the bus that would take him to the plane, I told the Lord, "obviously this is your will for our lives and I accept this, but I am telling you I cannot do this on my own, you are going to have to carry me." And He did.
I'm sorry that you are going through a hard and difficult time; but you are not alone, you have a Savior that is always with you, His Spirit abides in you. It is His strength and His grace that will help you not only until this season has passed, but for all the future season's in your life. 
"Remain in me, and I will remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me. I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. If anyone does not remain in me, he is like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned. If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be given you. This is to my Father's glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples." John 15:4-8 NIV

Blissful Reading!
Annette

Comments

Marlayne Giron said…
I just sent a link to this blog to a friend who asked for prayer yesterday.

Very good article!