"Before we can pray, Lord, Thy Kingdom come, we must be willing to pray, my kingdom go."
"In prayer it is better to have a heart without words, than words without a heart."
"Jesus is not our personal assistant charged with granting our wishes. While He sometimes does not give us what we want, He always gives us what we need."
"Prayer only looks like an act of language, fundamentally it is a position, a placement of oneself."
"The purpose of prayer is not to get what we want, but to become what God wants."
Our Daily Bread
"Prayer does not change God, but it changes him who prays"
"It is awesome to realize at the end of our lives we will be the sum total of our responses to God's answers to our prayers, for God has chosen to be limited in His next action by our repsonse to His previous answer.
The final outcome of our lives is decided by a life long series of response to God's answers to our prayers. The way we respond to God and then, He in turn to us, actually determine the direction our lives will take."
"Prayer is the most aggressive, pro-active, offensive, invasive action one can take in any situation. Prayer reaches into the spiritual realm and accesses all the power of heaven for the circumstances of earth."
Jennifer Kennedy Dean
"Prayer will work as God intends for it to work when it becomes what God intends for it to be. Prayer is not an activity, but a relationship. Prayer is not a formula, but a life. Only when we have learned to live prayer, breathe prayer, be prayer-only then will the power promised in Scripture consistently be your experience."
Jennifer Kennedy Dean
A doration-praise God for who He is.
C onfession-agreeing with God of my offensiveness against His holiness.
T hanksgiving-to be grateful to God for all He has done.
S upplication-intercession is praying for the needs of others.
5 Ways to Raise Praying Children
1. Pray that they will see the need and have the desire to pray.
2. Show them in Scripture the value and necessity of prayer.
3. Show them the structure and formula of prayer as shown in the prayers of Christ.
4. Model a prayer life for them in your home.
5. Work with them to develop a prayer life until prayer becomes a habit.
15 Reasons to Pray
1. To seek the face of the Lord and know Him better. Psalm 27:8
2. To get your eyes off your problems and on to the Lord. Psalm 121:1
3. To speak to God. 1 Peter 3:12
4. To unburden your heart. Psalm 142:1-2
5. To make your requests known to God. Matthew 21:22
6. To hear God. Proverbs 8:34
7. To be free of suffering. James 5:13
8. To resist temptation. Matthew 26:41
9. To be rescued from distress. Psalm 107:19
10. To receive God's reward. Matthew 6:6
11. To withstand evil. Ephesians 6:13
12. To have joy. John 16:24
13. To get close to God. Isaiah 64:7
14. To be healed emotionally. James 5:13
15. To have peace. Philippians 4:6-7