Skip to main content

Praying God's Word, Breaking Free From Spiritual Strongholds by Beth Moore

B&H Publishing Group
Published 2009, Christian Non-fiction, 344 pages

This book was bought by me for the purpose of reading/reviewing.

Beth Moore has written another wonderful book! This is not a book that you read and then put away on a shelf in order to collect dust bunnies. It is a book that should sit near your Bible and devotional material, it should be available for easy reach in order to read aloud the Scriptures that destroy strongholds.
Beth writes that "these weapons have divine power...strongholds cannot be swept away with a spiritual broom, or fuss at them, or ignore them....they have to be demolished." They are demolished by the Word!
I read this book from cover to cover over a period of a few months, why so long? Sometimes I think it is procrastination, or other books and reviews require my attention. Oh, me of little faith! I finished reading it in the exact time frame that Jesus ordained me to read it. I finished this book about the same time I finished reading So Long, Insecurity. The 2 books worked well, shining in to those dark cobweb corners of my mind--places that needed a light shined on it...more like a spotlight! Beth writes to "choose to think Christ's thoughts over our own, and what are Christs thoughts-the Word of God." We must "retrain our mind."
Some examples of strongholds are:
unforgiveness
depression
sexual strongholds
addiction
pride
unbelief
There are a total of 14 strongholds that are covered.
Beth gives examples from her life and others; but states that Scripture is our primary example.

Author website is:
www.lproof.org
Blissful Reading!
Annette

Comments