Skip to main content

An Interview With Kathi Macias


Kathi Macias is an award winning author and has written more than 20 books. She is a wife, mother, grandmother and great grandmother. She and her husband Al live in California.

www.kathimacias.com

http://kathieasywritermacias.blogspot.com

I've asked only a few questions of Kathi and she was kind enough to email her answers today.

1. What is your favorite Bible verse?
"Hard to choose only one favorite verse, but I suppose it would be Deuteronomy 8:1.
'Every commandment which I command you today you must be faithful to observe, that you may live and multiply and go in and possess the land.' God's requirement is faithfulness to His commands (which we know are summed up in loving God and others), but only for today. How easily we get caught up in regret over yesterday's failures or worry over tomorrow's challenges. Love God today, and let Him love others through you. That's all that's required of us in order to 'live and multiply and go in and possess the land.' "

2. Tell me three things about your life that you would like to share?
"First, I'm not only a wife and mother and grandmother, but a great grandmother too (one three-year-old grandson named Isaiah). Second, my husband and I spend our spare time riding his Harley, which is how I got my road name of 'Easy Writer.' Third, I've had the honor of ministering in prisons around this country, even spending one day on Death Row in San Quentin. What an awesome experience! I absolutely love prison/jail ministry."

3. When you write a book do you write it being fully led by the Holy Spirit?
"I believe God gives me the idea/vision/dream for the story and guides me along the way, but I also believe He expects me to hone my gift and to do it well so that I may honor Him. I've met many talented and gifted writers who are unwilling to learn the craft because they feel all they need to do is let God write through them. It doesn't work that way. Those who wrote the bible surely experienced that, but now we are called to 'write the vision...and make it plain' (Hab. 2:2). It's a two-part process. God gives us the vision, and then He expects us to be good stewards and learn to write in such a way that those who read it can clearly understand the message."

4. Have you been involved in mission work? Maybe you feel that your writing is mission work?
"I've never been to a foreign mission field, though I've ministered in the prison system for many years. Yes, at least at this season of my life, I consider writing my mission. It's my way of 'going into all the world,' and helping others to do the same."

Thank you Kathi for sharing with my readers!

Blissful Blogging!
Annette

Comments