Skip to main content

Book Review: Never Let You Go by Erin Healy

Published by Thomas Nelson in 2010, 352 pages
Christian Fiction/Suspense/Mystery

This book was purchased by me for reading/reviewing.

Author's site:
www.erinhealy.com

Link for the book @ Amazon:
Paperback $10.19
Kindle $9.68
http://www.amazon.com/Never-Let-You-Erin-Healy/dp/1595547509/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1286892409&sr=8-1

Link for the book @ publisher:
Paperback $14.99
http://www.thomasnelson.com/consumer/product_detail.asp?sku=1595547509&title=Never_Let_You_Go&author=Erin_Healy


Buy
Read


I stayed up until about 1 am in order to finish this suspenseful novel! Reading most of the book in 1 evening!

Lexi Solomon is a single mom to 9 year old Molly. Lexi struggles to make ends meet, working 2 jobs. Lexi's roommate is Gina and she helps out by watching Molly in the evenings while Lexi works. Grant her estranged husband and the father of Molly disappeared over 7 years ago. Grant is back in town after all these years and he wants to have a relationship with Molly. Shortly before Grant emerges an ominous acquaintance from the past is pushing Lexi to pay him back old debts owed.

This is an awesome book! I found it to not be predictable with several surprises.
Lexi is a character that I felt for, yet was angered by. She buried past mistakes; but they re-emerged endangering both her and her daughter. Lexi is a character that the reader can both love and hate at the same time, that is a great feat in a novel. In my opinion the main character does not have to be a person of noble character in order for me to love a book; but they must have and intriguing storyline--Lexi is a character that is captivating because of her unsavory past, and her single hearted devotion to her daughter.
The book touches on issues that are not always spoken about in Christian books and for this I have high regards.
On the front cover of the book another reviewer, Ted Dekker--stated that this book was "heart pounding suspense". I heartily agree, at one point I felt the adrenaline kick in and my brain was swimming with fear!
This is the first book I've read from the author Erin Healy and I'm looking forward to reading more from her!

Blissful Reading!
Annette

Comments