Skip to main content

My List of Christian Fiction for 2010

I read 33 Christian fiction novels this year. All of them in some way ministered to me....I'm not just saying that to be polite...I mean it.
Instead of giving a top 10, I'll give my top 4 and why.

#1 Almost Heaven by Chris Fabry.
Link for my review:
http://awell-wateredgarden.blogspot.com/2010/10/book-review-almost-heaven-by-chris.html
This book is about a simple, humble man, willing to sacrifice no matter the cost.
I also liked it that this story was about a man, and not a woman----because most of the Christian fiction books that I've read are about a woman as the main character. 

#2 No Greater Love by Kathi Macias.
Link for my review:
http://awell-wateredgarden.blogspot.com/2010/06/no-greater-love-by-kathi-macias.html
Once again this book as does the book above, displays love in action no matter the cost.
I also loved this book because it touched on bi-racial issues and prejudice. It gave me great insight that I needed, in what it is like to live in a country where freedom is not given to everyone. 

#3 Never Let You Go by Erin Healy.
Link for my review:
http://awell-wateredgarden.blogspot.com/2010/10/book-review-never-let-you-go-by-erin.html
I loved this book in that its main character I did not like. That probably did not make sense, but Lexi Solomon was not an amiable character; yet she was a character that I sympathized with and I found those two forces engaging.
I also thought the story was not predictable and had surprise elements.


#4 The Gathering Storm by Bodie and Brock Thoene.
http://awell-wateredgarden.blogspot.com/2010/08/gathering-storm-by-bodie-brock-thoene.html
One of the most romantic stories I've read, and with characters that stand out showing multi-facets of their personalty. 

1. The Shape of Mercy by Susan Meissner
2. The Blue Umbrella by Mike Mason
3. Thicker than Blood by C. J. Darlington
4. The Choice by Suzanne Woods Fisher
5. Songbird Under A German Moon by Tricia Goyer
6. The Hidden Flame by Janette Oke and David Bunn
7. A Lineage of Grace by Francine Rivers
8. Lady Carliss and the Waters of Moorue by Chuck Black
9. Auralia's Colors by Jeffrey Overstreet
10. Raven's Ladder by Jeffrey Overstreet
11. Here Burns My Candle by Liz Curtis Higgs
12. An Absence So Great by Jane Kirkpatrick
13. Forget Me Not by Vicki Hinze
14. Chosen, The Lost Diaries of Queen Esther by Ginger Garrett
15. Book 1 The Heavenly Host, The Testings of Devotion by Cheryl Dellasega
16. No Greater Love by Kathi Macias
17. Veiled Freedom by J. M. Windle
18. The Victor by Marlayne Giron
19. Beguiled by Deeanne Gist and J. Mark Bertrand
20. Intervention by Terri Blackstock
21. Raising Rain by Debbie Fuller Thomas
22. Though Waters Roar by Lynn Austin
23. The Gathering Storm by Bodie and Brock Thoene
24. Valeria's Cross by Kathi Macias and Susan Wales
25. The Vigilante's Bride by Yvonne Harris
26. Almost Heaven by Chris Fabry
27. Never Let You Go by Erin Healy
28. She Walks In Beauty by Siri Mitchell
29. Never Say Never by Lisa Wingate
30. Maid to Match by Deeanne Gist
31. One Lane Bridge by Don Reid
32. Watch Over Me by Christa Parrish
33. Christmas at Harrington's by Melody Carlson

Blissful Reading!
Annette

Comments

Kathi Macias said…
I was pleasantly surprised and quite honored to find one of my books on your four favorites list for Christian Fiction 2010. Thank you so much!
Annette said…
You welcome Kathi! Merry Christmas!