Skip to main content

Reading Challenges for 2011

I plan on not joining in on as many reading challenges as I have the past 2 years. Sometimes too many can be too much, especially when it means I have committed to reading certain books for authors and publisher's and publicist's. I would like more freedom for myself in reading books I have bought or borrowed from the library.
I have decided to join in on the reading challenge for Christian non-fiction that Journey to the End of the TBR Pile started.
Follow the link for more information:
http://bookaddict4life.blogspot.com/2010/12/2011-christian-nonfiction-challenge.html

I was in this challenge for 2010, I cannot remember how many that I signed up for, but so far this year I've read 27 Christian non-fiction books.

This is my list for 2010:
1. Unfaithful, Hope and Healing After Infidelity by Gary and Mona Shriver
2. Angels by David Jeremiah
3. Finding Inner Peace During Troubled Times by William Moss
4. To Him Who Sits On The Throne by Dr. Mike Thomas
5. Spiritual Warfare by Jerry Rankin
6. Forgotten God by Francis Chan
7. The Wiersbe Bible Study Series 1 and 2 Timothy, Titus, Philemon by Dr. Warren W. Wiersbe
8. So Long, Insecurity You've Been A Bad Friend To Us by Beth Moore
9. Praying God's Word by Beth Moore
10. It's Not About Me by Max Lucado
11. On Guard, Defending Your Faith with Reason and Precision by William Lane Craig
12. The Pursuit of Holiness by Jerry Bridges
13. The Practice of Godliness and companion guide by Jerry Bridges
14. Disrupting Grace, A Story of Relinquishment and Healing by Kristen Richburg
15. The Prayer Directed Life, How to Stop Preying...and Start Praying by Mark E. McLeroy
16. Traveling Light, Releasing The Burdens You Were Never Intended to Bear by Max Lucado
17. Son of Hamas by Mosab Hassan Yousef
18. Nudge, Awakening Each Other To The God Already There by Leonard Sweet
19. Stronger, Trading Brokenness for Unbreakable Strength by Jim Daly
20. The One Year Book Of Encouragement, 365 Days of Inspiration and Wisdom For Your Spiritual Journey by Harold Myra
21. The Pursuit of the Holy, A Divine Invitation by Simon Ponsonby
22. The Devil in Pew Number Seven by Rebecca Nichols Alonzo with Bob DeMoss
23. Be Available Accepting The Challenge to Confront The Enemy OT Judges by Dr. Warren W. Weiersbe
24. Think, The Life of the Mind and the Love of God by John Piper
25. Costly Grace, A Contemporary View of Bonhoeffer's The Cost of Discipleship by Jon Walker
26. A Place of Healing; Wrestling with the Mysteries of Suffering, Pain and God's Sovereignty by Joni Eareckson Tada
27. Detox For The Overly Religious by David Putman

I am hoping to write a post on my most memorable reads from this list!

Becky @ Operation Actually Read Bible and I have been emailing each other about ideas for mini-challenges for 2011----will post later what I'll be participating in.


Becky is the creator of the Read The Bible Challenge. Follow this link for more information:
http://operationreadbible.blogspot.com/2010/11/2011-goals-read-bible.html

I started participating in this challenge in 2009. In 2009 I read 44 books of the Bible, all of the New Testament was read. There were 5 books of the Bible that I read twice.
I post my readings in a weekly post, plus at the top of my blog is a spot (a new page) entitled Bible Challenge-Completed Books Read. I'll continue this practice in 2011.
So far this year I am lacking:
1 and 2 Chronicles, Job, Psalm, Jeremiah, and Ezekiel from the Old Testament. I am studying Isaiah in
Bible Study Fellowship and will finish this book in May 2011. Proverbs I will finish reading next week, so far I've read chapters 1-15. From the New Testament I am lacking: Acts, Romans, 1 and 2 Corinthians, Galatians, Ephesians, Colossians, 1 and 2 Thessalonians, 1 and 2 Timothy. I feel confidant that 1/2 of these books from the NT will be read before the end of the year. If my math is correct, I've read 46 books so far this year.

I am looking forward to 2011 and what books that the Lord brings my way. The books that I've read, especially in reference to Christian non-fiction and the Bible---I have been convicted, challenged, molded, and blessed.

A big thank you to all of my readers, publicists, publishing companies, authors, and blogger friends for a great 2010 year of reading!

Merry Christmas!

Blissful Blogging!
Annette

Comments

Jenn said…
That is A LOT of reading! :)
twiga92 said…
You've got some good books on this list - I've read a few of them. Jerry Bridges' books are wonderful! Love his stuff. Happy Reading!