Skip to main content

Book Review: Jesus In The Present Tense, The I AM Statements of Christ by Warren W. Wiersbe Foreword by Michael Catt

"God is in the present. Are you?"

Link for the book @ Christian Book:
http://www.christianbook.com/jesus-present-tense-the-statements-christ/warren-wiersbe/9780781404877/pd/404877
Paperback $11.99

Link for the book @ Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Jesus-Present-Tense-Statements-Christ/dp/0781404878/ref=tmm_pap_title_0
Paperback $10.19
Kindle $9.68
Audio $21.98

Link for the book @ publisher:
http://www.davidccook.com/catalog/Detail.cfm?sn=107072&source=search
Paperback $14.99

More reviews on this book:
http://wordvessel.blogspot.com/2011/01/jesus-in-present-tense-by-warren-w.html
http://operationreadbible.blogspot.com/2011/01/book-review-jesus-in-present-tense.html


Published by David C. Cook 2011/224 pages
Non-Fiction/Serving Jesus/Obedience/Salvation

A statement is made in the beginning of the book, "knowing God is the most important thing in life!"
I wonder how many of us can answer honestly that God is the most important thing in life?
Jesus said in  John 14:6, "I am the way and the truth and the life."
The only way to salvation is through Jesus, in Jesus we are given eternal life. But, in Jesus we also have life, a more abundant life!
Warren Wiersbe explores this I AM statement as well as the others in his new book. His goal is that through understanding the I AM statements we as believers in Christ Jesus will live in the moment of now, and not in the past---the past of failures and troubles, nor in the future of anxiety and uncertainty. But, that we will live for the day that we've been given in order to serve Jesus to the full extent, and most importantly so that we will be a tool that Jesus can use today for His glory.

A favorite quote:
"Christianity is not a creed, an organization, or a religious system. It is the life of God in humans, making us more like Jesus Christ."

I felt that this was a great book on the I AM statements and I enjoyed reading it.
I feel that Dr. Wiersbe made his points adequately.
He had personal observations from his own life he shared, good applications.
He defined a few words for the reader from the Greek definition.
A few times he reminded me a little of J. Vernon McGee in his tone---nothing wrong with this, it just reminded me a little of McGee.

Thank you to David C. Cook for my free copy for reading/reviewing.

Blissful Reading!
Annette

Comments

Cozy in Texas said…
Love the name of your blog.
Ann
ZZ said…
This sounds like a great book to read.

I love to read myself, but where do I ever find the time?

I've been trying to finish this book called "The Maker's Diet" for the longest time.

The author's last name is Rubin.

Thank you for sharing this book. I can add this book to my "I want to read this book, but I don't have the time, but I wish I did, because this is a great one to read" collection.