Skip to main content

The Sunday Salon

In the past week I finished reading Romans in the NIV--reading chapters 14-16. Also reading Job chapters 1-12 in the NIV. In the past few weeks I've read Isaiah chapters 36-45 in the NIV.
This year I am in a challenge to study a NT book and I chose Romans. I will read Romans 10 times in 10 different translations this year. So far I've read it in the NASB and in the NIV. Next month I will read Romans in the ESV.
I also memorized (in the past 2 weeks) 1 Corinthians 2:4-5 NIV
"My message and my preaching were not with wise and persuasive words, but with a demonstration of the Spirit's power; so that your faith might not rest in men's wisdom, but on God's power."
Last month I memorized 2 Corinthians 4:16-18 NIV
"Therefore we do not loose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day.
For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all.
So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal."
Until the end of February I am memorizing Acts 4:12 NIV
"Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved."
I am apart of the Siesta Scripture Memory Team @http://blog.lproof.org
I know that Scripture memorization is just not an interest to some people, but I just can't help myself..... I am just giddy about memorizing Scripture!

Blissful Blogging!
Annette

Comments