Skip to main content

The Sunday Salon

Earlier in the week I felt like I was coming down with a cold, it was on Thursday when I started with coughing and bad headache and feeling tired. I read when I feel like it, nap, when I have a little energy I do a little housework. I don't have time to be sick, but who does?
In the past week I've read Psalms chapters 1-50 in the NIV. I've also read Romans chapters 8-13 in the NIV (remember I'm in a challenge and I'll read Romans 10 times in 10 different translations this year, so far this is the 3rd time).
The Scripture memory verse that I memorized for March 1 through the 15:
"Jesus said to her, I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; and whoever lives and believes in me will never die. Do you believe this?" John 11:25-26
I've already picked out what verse I will start memorizing starting on the 15 (encouraged by Kay Arthur, I'm reading her book As Silver Refined).
"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trails of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything." James 1:2-4 NIV
There are 2 bloggers that are encouraging readers to memorize:
Beth Moore @
http://blog.lproof.org/2011/03/2011-siesta-scripture-memory-team-verse-5.html
and
Jan Parish @
http://janparrish.blogspot.com/2011/03/bible-memorization-challenge.html
In the past week I came across an article that Tullian Tchividjian wrote, courtesy of Justin Taylor over @
The Gospel Coalition. Tullian writes about being addicted to the Gospel! I loved reading this because this is how I feel as well....the Gospel, the Word, it burns inside of me!
Link for his post:
http://thegospelcoalition.org/blogs/tullian/2011/03/03/im-addicted/

Blissful Blogging!
Annette

Comments

Becky said…
I hope you feel better soon! I loved the links you shared--especially the I'm Addicted one!
Garnetrose said…
I wish I felt the inspiration that you do to read Romans as often. I love the book of Romans but I often lack the desire to read it. Blessings to you and others who and spread the gospel. Feel better soon.