Skip to main content

The Sunday Salon

I made a mistake last time I posted The Sunday Salon, my Bible readings were in the ESV not the NIV.
In the past week I finished Romans by reading chapters 14, 15, 16 in the ESV. I've now read Romans 3 times in 3 different translations this year (my goal is to read Romans 10 times in 10 different translations this year). Starting April 1 I will start reading Romans again but in the KJV.
I also read Psalms chapters 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60--all in the ESV.

Becky @ Operation Actually Read Bible is hosting a marathon of New Testament reading during the week before the week of Easter---April 11-17, 2011---for more information:
http://operationreadbible.blogspot.com/2011/03/spread-word-im-hosting-read-thon-of.html
The goal for this marathon is to read as much of the NT in 1 week as you can, not as a goal of reading to just get finished or to compete with another reader as if it were a race, but to inspire you to read the Bible period during the Easter season.
I've heard all kinds of excuses about not reading the Bible, from I don't have time, to I'm just not inspired enough. Do it! You'll be blessed, and during the process the Holy Spirit will inspire and encourage you to continue to read His Word.

"How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them? And how can they preach unless they are sent? As it is written, How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!" 
Romans 10:14-15 NIV
And the Good News is the message of Jesus Christ!

Blissful Blogging!
Annette

Comments

Becky said…
Thanks for writing about this! I'm so happy you're going to join me! And marathon is a good word for it ;) I do hope to inspire people to read the Bible for themselves. And it's not something that can be raced through just for the sake of doing it.
ZZ said…
I love to read!

I've been trying to finish reading 1 Samuel for the longest time. On top of that I have my Sunday School lesson, and then I have been trying to read and study more about "Love".

I pray that you finish it. I hope you do. I wish I had the time to finish reading all the books I want to read.

:D