Skip to main content

Day 3 and 4 of New Testament In A Week

This was a good day of rest and of Bible reading.
I read and finished both the Gospels of Luke and John.
I read Luke in the New King James Bible, and I read John in the New American Standard Bible.
Both Bibles were MacArthur Study Bibles.
John chapters 8, 14, 19, 20 and 21 I read aloud.

Often in the Gospel of John the word testify is written. Testify means to give witness to what knowledge and understanding that you believe to be true. 
When you are called in to testify before a judge or a jury on oath you give them a statement of what you believe to be true.
If someone were to ask you to testify about Jesus what would you say? Are you prepared to make your statement of belief?

"Therefore everyone who confesses Me before men, I will also confess him before My Father who is in heaven. But whoever denies Me before men, I will also deny him before My Father who is in heaven?"
Matthew 10:32-33 NASB

Blissful Reading!
Annette

Comments

Becky said…
I saved John for almost last because I just love, love, love that gospel. (Not that I don't love and appreciate the other gospels.) But there's just something wonderful, something beautiful about the Gospel of John.