Skip to main content

Day One of New Testament In A Week Challenge

Today I read Romans chapters 10-16 in the King James Version, then I read chapters 1-9 in the 
Common English Bible. I read Romans chapter 8 aloud. 
I read 1 Corinthians chapters 1-16 and 2 Corinthians chapters 1-13---all in the Common English Bible. 
I read Galatians chapters 1-6 in the Common English Bible. 
A total of 51 chapters and 4 books of the New Testament read today. 


My favorite translation read today was from Romans chapter 6 verses 6-11
"This is what we know: the person that we used to be was crucified with him in order to get rid of the corpse that had been controlled by sin. That way we wouldn't be slaves to sin anymore, because a person who has died has been freed from sin's power. But if we died with Christ, we have faith that we will also live with him. We know that Christ has been raised from the dead and he will never die again. Death no longer has power over him. He died to sin once and for all with his death, but he lives for God with his life. In the same way, you also should consider yourselves dead to sin but alive for God in Christ Jesus."

I don't know yet what I will read tomorrow, nor what translation I will read. When I wake up in the morning I will pray about it and go with what I feel led to read. 
I'm not reading the New Testament this week as if I'm in a race against anyone. I am not speed reading through the verses and chapters in order to just get finished. I have actually felt propelled throughout the day while reading, invigorated even. I read chapter 8 in Romans aloud after I had already read it silently to myself, Romans chapter 8 is one of my favorite chapters in the entire Bible. I've noticed that a powerful thing happens when I read the Bible, in my inner person it's as if a vigorously roaring river is pouring through me and it produces a vibrance and joy unlike anything else. I know that this is the Holy Spirit at work, and with eager expectation I am looking forward to what He is going to do.

Blissful Reading!
Annette

Comments

Juliet Terese said…
Amazing, God is so good! I decided just this morning to read through the New Testament this week, and I googled a reading plan and found your blog. I will be one day behind you (maybe I will even catch up) and I absolutely love reading literature as well. Peace and Joy!
Annette said…
Welcome Juliet! So glad to have you stop by and join us for reading the NT!
Yes, God is good all the time and all the time God is good!
Becky said…
I'm just catching up on your posts, Annette! I am so glad you and Juliet are joining me this week!!! I am loving your daily updates. And I just love how enthusiastic you are! "I've noticed that a powerful thing happens when I read the Bible, in my inner person it's as if a vigorously roaring river is pouring through me and it produces a vibrance and joy unlike anything else." It's a WONDERFUL THING isn't it?! That is what I want people to experience this week!!!