Skip to main content

The Sunday Salon

I have not posted on my Isaiah readings in over a month. I am in BSF and since last September we've been studying the book of Isaiah. We are now at chapters 54, 55, 56, and 57. Last week we went over chapter 53 and of course chapter 53 is about the suffering Servant--Jesus. We will finish up on May 4. There are 66 chapters in Isaiah so the finish line for this study is in sight!
This has been my 9th year in BSF.


In the past week I finished reading Psalms in the ESV--reading chapters 119 through 150.
The next Old Testament book I'll read is Jeremiah. When I finish reading Jeremiah and Isaiah I will have completed those OT books I did not read from last year.


I've also memorized James 1:2-4
"Consider it pure joy my brothers whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be complete, not lacking anything."

My Scripture memorization for the 1st of April through the 15th is:
"How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in?
And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard?
And how can they hear without someone preaching to them?
And how can they preach unless they are sent?
As it is written, How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news."
Romans 10:14-15 NIV

So far this year I've memorized a total of 5 Scriptures:
2 Corinthians 4:16-18
1 Corinthians 2:4-5
Acts 4:12
John 11:25-26
and James 1:2-4
I began this Scripture memorization with the encouragement of Beth Moore, she is encouraging her Siesta Gals to memorize 2 per month.
http://blog.lproof.org/2011/04/2011-siesta-scripture-memory-team-verse-7.html

I've been asked why these particular Bible verses? My only answer is that I felt led by the Holy Spirit to choose these particular ones.

Blissful Blogging!
Annette

Comments