Skip to main content

The Sunday Salon

This past week!
I finished reading the Gospel of Matthew, reading chapters 22-28. I read 1/2 of Matthew in NKJV and the other 1/2 in NIV.
Next is Mark.
I also started re-reading Romans. I read chapters 1-3 in the Common English Bible.
This year I have a goal to read Romans 10 times in 10 different translations. For the month of June it is Common English Bible.
There are 16 chapters in Romans. It has worked out wonderfully to read a chapter per day on calendar days 1-16.
I am also memorizing Scripture this year with Beth Moore. On the 1st and the 15th of every month we post on her blog the verse we've chosen to memorize. We are encouraged to memorize 2 per month. At the end of the year we will have memorized 24 verses! Isn't that amazing?
The verse I started memorizing on the 1st of June is~~
"For the Word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the attitudes of the heart."
Hebrews 4:12 NIV
For June 15th I've decided to memorize Hebrews 4:13 NIV
"Nothing in all creation is hidden from God's sight. Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of Him to whom we must give account."
I am hoping in July to memorize the rest of that chapter, meaning verses 14-16 of Hebrews chapter 4. I really want to memorize whole parts of Scripture, not just single verses.

Blissful Blogging!
Annette

Comments