Skip to main content

The Sunday Salon

It's been a while since I've posted The Sunday Salon. Over the past few weeks we've been busy packing boxes, loading up, closing on our previous home, then closing on our new home, unloading and unpacking and settling in to our new home. On the day that I was finally able to organize, sort and re-shelve my books--I had such a feeling of comfort and joy to put away my beloved books in their new home. Only another bibliophile could understand.

In January of this year I had made a commitment to read in 2011 the book of Romans 10 times in 10 different translations. I just finished reading Romans in the New Living Translation--The Transformation Study Bible. I had gotten behind during the mid-point of this past summer, but I am persevering onwards.
So far I have read Romans in the-----
1. New American Standard Bible
2. New International Version
3. English Standard Version
4. King James Version
5. The Interlinear Bible in the Greek/English
6. Common English Version
7. The New Living Translation.
I have 3 more versions to go to complete this. I've chosen J. B. Phillips The New Testament in Modern English, Amplified Bible, and lastly Goodspeed's The New Testament An American Translation.

I finished reading the Old Testament last Spring and read all of the New Testament a week before Easter. I've started re-reading the New Testament but more slowly. I had also gotten behind in this during the mid- point of this past summer. I just finished reading the Gospel of John in the New American Standard Version. Next I will read Acts. I'm leaning towards reading Acts from Erdman's The Acts, An Exposition. It is a commentary but also has Scripture in it as well. The translation is the American Standard Edition of the Revised Bible.

By the way....Acts of the Apostles is the study for BSF starting next week! This will be my 10th year in BSF and I'm anxious to meet new friends since we've just moved.

This Wednesday the 14th my husband will have surgery to repair a torn left rotator cuff.  I would imagine my blogging next week will be dampened by this. Hoping and praying my hubby's surgery will be successful.

Blissful Blogging!
Annette


Comments

A Gracious Home said…
That's great. Have you ever read the Easy English version. I realy like that. I pray your husband has recovered from his surgery. I haven't been on the computer very much lately. I'm having a lot of eye problems.I hope you and your family are wel. Doylene