Skip to main content

The Sunday Salon

Over the past week I've read in the NIV Acts chapters 3, 4, 5, 6,  and 7 for BSF.
I also read Romans all 16 chapters in The New Testament An American Translation by Edgar J. Goodspeed.
This was the 9th time for me to read Romans this year. My goal in January was to read Romans 10 times in 10 different translations. I'm near the goal. Soon I'll read from the Amplified version and then I'll post on my reflections.
I've decided that for 2012 I'll read the NT book of Hebrews 12 times in 12 different translations. This is in addition to reading the OT and NT in 1 year.

I have 2 fiction books that I'll be reviewing this next week:
Paradise Valley by Dale Cramer and While We're Far Apart by Lynn Austin

I have stacks of Christian fiction books waiting for me to read--I'm hoping that in this last quarter of 2011 I'll be able to read several of them.

I bought a new non-fiction book today from the book store at my Church--by John MacArthur---------
The MacArthur Bible Handbook, A Book-by-Book Exploration of God's Word
I'm looking forward to utilizing this book during my Bible study time. 

Soon I'll be reading:
The House of Hope, God's love for the abandoned orphans of China by Elisabeth Gifford
Lit! A Christian Guide To Reading Books by Tony Reinke
And a book I've been trying to find time to read, Radical by David Platt


On a personal note my hubby goes back to work tomorrow, limited duty. He had 2 tears in his left shoulder and had surgery September 14. He has been home recuperating. Physical Therapy starts this week.
Rain! We've had 2 1/2 inches over the past 24 hours of refreshing soothing quenching rain! This is a big answer to prayer!

Are you reading your Bible?
Blissful Reading!
Annette


Comments