Skip to main content

The Sunday Salon


Over the past week I've read:
Galatians and Ephesians again, this makes 3 times this year and twice this month. The past week I read these books in the ESV, the week before I read them in the NIV.
Also 1 Thessalonians and 2 Thessalonians, 1 Timothy and 2 Timothy, Titus and Philemon all in the ESV.

I've given updates over the past week on the books I'm reading so I won't repeat in this post. But I will leave you with a great article I read recently from Ray Pritchard of Keep Believing Ministries. It is entitled Why Christ Came, Bible passage is from Luke 19:10.
He wrote, "If Christ came, man's responsibility is increased. In the spiritual realm the greater the privilege, the greater the responsibility. Sometimes we say 'ignorance of the law is no excuse,' but we rarely act that way. If a man deliberately breaks the law, we treat him more harshly than the man who unwittingly breaks the law. So it is with God. If Christ did come, then our responsibility is increased. Jesus said, 'To whom much is given, from him much will be required." Luke 12:48 NKJV

Have you ever given thought to what responsibilities God has given you in your life? How often you've said no, or during the responsibility you gave up? Or maybe you have persevered and finished the task?

I heard a quote this week that has really stayed with me, "In the kingdom of God there is no retirement."

Are you reading your Bible?
Blissful Blogging!
Annette




Comments