Skip to main content

The Sunday Salon

Yes, I know I am writing this on Monday morning, but yesterday got away from me before I had a chance to finish The Sunday Salon post.

Yesterday I finished day 22 on the Professor Horner's Bible Reading System. I'm not new to daily reading through the Bible in a year, and I was not looking to do something different other than the same way I was comfortable with in reading the Bible. Yet, I'd heard about this system on Tim Challies blog, as well as on Facebook, so I thought I'd give it a try. For the first 18 days I thought this system was okay, I persevered onward trying to keep my commitment. Reading from 10 different places in the Bible seemed to be too much. But an interesting thing happened about day 18, I really had grown to like this system! I have to admit I was surprised by my change of heart. There is something extra special about saturating my mind and spirit with 10 different chapters of Bible readings. I also have noticed how often what I read in 1 chapter will parallel with what I read in another chapter. This has also happened with what I'm reading in my BSF material, and yesterdays church sermon. Because many of the books in the Bible will be read more than once; I'm not crazy about reading Ecclesiastes, Song of Songs, or Job several times this year. Once per book maybe all I'll do. I could though have a change of heart again!

I finished reading 1 and 2 Timothy, 1 and 2 Thessalonian, Titus, Philemon, and Hebrews on January 13.
I finished James on January 21.
I had finished Romans on January 16.

Today I'll be reading:
Genesis chapter 23, Joshua chapter 23, Job chapter 23, Psalm chapter 23, Proverbs chapter 23, Isaiah chapter 23, Matthew chapter 23, Acts chapter 23, 1 Corinthians chapter 7, 1 Peter chapter 1.

In BSF our reading and questions this week are from 2 Thessalonian. I've read 1 and 2 Thessalonian twice per book so far, once for BSF and once for the reading system.

I have a review coming up this week on a book that I highly recommend you read, Never The Same by B. C. Fleming. It is about a combat soldiers personal story with a suicide bomber.

Hope your week will be great!
Blissful Reading!
Annette



Comments