Skip to main content

The Sunday Salon

Good Sunday Morning to you! On this bright, sunny, cold day in north Texas, the temperature is 27, a few high clouds now, but a chance of freezing rain and sleet this evening.
Today is my 48th birthday.
I have no plans today other than reading, hopefully will be a quiet day. Tonight I'll watch my beloved Downton Abbey on PBS. 

The flowers I received for my birthday!













During the past week I've read:
Through Genesis chapter 42.
Finished Judges (21 chapters).
Through Psalm 49.
Through Isaiah 42.
Through Mark 11.
Through Acts 12 (2nd time to read Acts this year).
And through 2 Corinthians 5.
I finished 1 John, 2 John, 3 John and Jude.
Today I started and read through Revelation 1.
All Scriptures read in Common English Bible.

Also I've read through Hebrews 12. I'm reading Hebrews 12 times in 12 different translations this year. The translation I'm reading for February Hebrews Scriptures is ESV.

"Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us also lay aside every weight, and sin which clings so closely, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking to Jesus, the founder and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is seated at the right hand of the throne of God."
Hebrews 12:1-2 ESV
I've decided to memorize the above verses.

Photo of my reading spot. The table is organized with my TBR books!
Blissful Reading!
Annette

Comments