Skip to main content

The Sunday Salon

The Sunday Salon post is a chance for me to share with my reader's as well as hold myself accountable to the Bible readings over the past week I've read. I have not posted a Sunday Salon since April 1.

Since April 1 I've read:
Finished Exodus on April 10.
Have read through Leviticus 16.
Finished 1 Samuel on April 10.
Have read through 2 Samuel 3.
Have read through Psalm 91.
Finished Isaiah on March 28.
Have read through Jeremiah 6.
Finished Luke on April 15.
Have read through Acts 6---this is the 3rd time reading through Acts this year.
Started over with Romans and have read chapter 1. Second time this year to read Romans.
Finished Colossians on April 10.
Have read through 2 Timothy chapter 1. Second time this year to read 2 Timothy.
All the above Scripture read from English Standard Version. 

I am continuing to read my daily Bible readings from the Professor Grant Horner's Bible Reading System. I modified a bit. I read Song of Solomon and Ecclesiastes earlier this year, will not read them again in 2012. I may or may not re-read Proverbs this year, maybe at the end of 2012 I'll re-read this book.
Some days I read more than 1 chapter and other days only 1 chapter.

I finished today reading Hebrews for the 4th time this year. I read this book out of the Holman Christian Standard Bible---The Illustrated Study Bible. My own challenge for 2012 is to read Hebrews 12 times in 12 different translations. Hebrews has 13 chapters. Reading just 1 chapter a day only takes 13 days. Of course I enjoy reading at my own pace, whether it's 1 chapter a day, or several in 1 day. Last year I read Romans 10 times in 10 different translations, what a blessing that was!

I have 2 books I'll be reading and reviewing soon for this blog:
Understanding Scripture, An Overview of the Bible's Origin, Reliability, and Meaning edited by Wayne Grudem, C. John Collins, and Thomas R. Schreiner
and
Following Jesus, Biblical Reflections on Discipleship by N.T. Wright

Hoping your Sunday is safe from the storms, both literal and life wise.

Comments

twiga92 said…
I have been enjoying reading some of the books of the Bible in different translations this year. Each month that has 31 days I have been reading Proverbs in different translations. Also Galatians, Ephesians, Colossians and 2 Corinthians. I'm looking forward to your review of the Understanding Scripture book. I'm currently re-reading How the Read the Bible for All It's Worth by Gordon Fee (and someone else).
Annette said…
Good to hear from you Twiga. Always happy to have you visit. Hoping to have the review early this next week.