Skip to main content

Friendship Friday Blog Hop #20, Week of May 25






Friendship Friday Blog Hop is the creation of Create With Joy an inspirational blog.
Each Friday the author posts a question or two for bloggers to answer on their own blog and then take part in a link up in order for bloggers to socially visit with each other.
This weeks questions and my answers are:

What's the best advice (or worst) you've ever been given?

I try to forget the worst advice I've ever been given. Good to forget and good to not pass along. 
The best advice I've gotten have come from older family and friends who've lived and
experienced life and have learned a thing or two....or three. 

For example:
My sister JoAnn is 14 1/2 years older than I am. She is a breast cancer survivor. When I was going through breast cancer surgery (2005) and all that comes before and afterwards. She told me, "Annette, live in the moment. Don't worry about this afternoon, don't worry about tonight, don't worry about tomorrow, and don't worry about next week. Just live in this moment." 

A very dear friend named Cathy that has now gone home to Jesus, told me when I was expressing how much I missed my own mother because at that time my mother had end-stage Alzheimer's. Cathy told me, "Annette---remember the good times."  

Wise sayings from my mother were:
"Don't count your chickens till they hatch."
"If you can't save a penny then you can't save a dollar."
"The kind of person you date will be the kind of person you marry."
My mothers favorite advice and quote, she stated this often and I have several copies of it in her handwriting.
"Sow a thought and reap a word, sow a word and reap an act, sow an act and reap a habit, sow a habit and reap a character; sow a character and reap a destiny."

The actor Denzel Washington stated once that his father told him a wise piece of advice that I like as well. "There are no dress rehearsals." Another words there are no dress rehearsals in life.
 

What's one piece of advice would you like to share with others?

Other than the above sage words. 
Remember who you are. 
Pretty is as pretty does.
Where ever you go, don't leave Jesus outside. If you do then you don't need to be where you are.
From an old English nursery rhyme, "A wise old owl lived in an oak tree. The more he saw, the less he spoke. The less he spoke, the more he heard. Why can't we be like that wise old bird?"


Who can you always count on to give you sound advice?

My sister JoAnn, sister Frances, aunt Beverly, my dad, husband. And always always God's Word.


Hoping your Memorial Day weekend will be restful, and in remembrance of those who gave the ultimate sacrifice for our country!

Comments

Terry said…
What great words of advice.
Create With Joy said…
Great post Annette! Thanks for sharing such great advice with us at Friendship Friday!

Have a fabulous weekend and hope to see you for Inspire Me Monday at:

Create With Joy
http://create-with-joy.com