Skip to main content

Time For A Change


I've made a few changes in the way I read my daily Bible readings and the way I'll be posting updates.
In the past I've posted my daily Bible readings on Sundays on a post entitled The Sunday Salon. I've decided to end that. The weekends are so busy, Sunday mornings are busy getting ready for Church and then Church, then home for dinner, nap, and then the day is often filled with family activities, before you know it the day is finished. I've tried scheduling posts, that was not working out either. On the side bar of this blog is a space for my challenge this year in reading Hebrews 12 times in 12 different translations. At the top of the blog is a page for Completed Bible Books Read. I plan to post Bible readings completed in this space only. I've not kept up with that in the past, but as of today it is accurate. Until a better plan is made, this will be how I post my Bible readings and keep myself in check with accountability.
I have also decided to move away from Professor Grant Horner's Bible Reading System. Enough is enough. I'm ready for a different way. Reading the Bible in a year is not a new thing for me, it is apart of my life. For 2012 I wanted to try Prof. Grant Horner's Bible Reading System, but it has become taxing. All this year I have not completely stayed in gear with this system, as I've often read whole books, or several chapters at one sitting. I very much like the freedom of reading and reading until I'm full, not having to stop at a certain point, or speed read.
The following Bible books have not been read this year. 
Old Testament:
Deuteronomy
1 Kings
2 Kings
1 Chronicles
2 Chronicles
Ezra
Nehemiah
Esther
Psalm---starting at chapter 119
Jeremiah---starting at chapter 21
Ezekiel
Daniel
Hosea
Joel
Amos
Obadiah
Jonah
Micah
Nahum
Habakkuk
Zephaniah
Haggai
Zechariah
Malachi
As for the New Testament I've read all of it this year except for finishing John's Gospel. Some books have been read more than once.
Today I read Philemon, Titus, 1 and 2 Timothy and all of Hebrews (13) chapters----all books read in the Christian Holman Standard Bible, The Illustrated Study Bible.

Are you reading your Bible?

Comments

Becky said…
I can definitely understand the move away from posting each week for "Sunday Salon." It can be very tough to find time to blog on Sundays, at least consistently! I started posting my bible updates on Saturday night instead.